Welcome!

Welcome to my random mostly topical blog.
I hope you enjoy it it whatever capacity you feel necessary!

Monday 3 October 2011

The Death of a Legend

Last week it was with great sadness I heard David Croft had died. Croft was a script writer who was jointly behind such fantastic shows as "Dad's Army", "Allo Allo" and "Hi-De-Hi."
   I myself am a big fan of "Dad's Army." I enjoyed watching it when I was a child and now the older I have gotten the more I have come to appreciate it. The humour, the stories, and the way it was written. Those style of comedies are long gone now, replaced by slightly more obtuse and obvious humour that doesn't require as much thinking or sophistication.
    Here are some classic scenes from two of my favourite creations of his, "Dad's Army" and "Allo Allo."







It's humour like that which still makes me laugh. I am very glad they still show episodes of "Dad's Army" on Saturday nights here in the UK.
    One last video, and it's of the late David Croft himself talking about my favourite episode, his favourite episode, and Arthur Lowe's favourite episode of "Dad's Army."



Truly a great comedy legend has passed away, may he rest in peace.

No comments: