Welcome!

Welcome to my random mostly topical blog.
I hope you enjoy it it whatever capacity you feel necessary!

Sunday 28 February 2010

Angie Jackson Live-Tweets Her Abortion on Twitter

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/angie-jackson-live-tweets-abortion/story?id=9937689&page=1

"But Jackson, who said she's always spoken about controversial topics online -- she is a self-professed atheist who says she grew up in a fundamentalist cult and survived sexual abuse -- never expected her abortion tweets to garner such attention.

"I don't feel like I'm doing anything different from what I do every day," said Jackson. "But now I have people calling me a killer; it's surreal."

So despite the fact she publicly admitted to having a procedure that is still very much in debate, very much a hot topic, and very much controversial especially in America, where there are still a lot of people who feel very strongly about it one way or another, she thinks it's surreal and is surprised that some people are reacting the way they are?

Either she is a fool, misguided, or just very stupid. What was she expecting, a round of applause?

I am still very much on the fence about abortion and I think I will be still for some time, however as I said there are many who are not and who actively express their feelings especially in America. If you openly admit on somewhere very public like Twitter how can you not expect some backlash and critique?

In some way's she just brought it on herself.
That may sound harsh and unfair, however the reality of it is that she could have kept this quiet and to herself but she chose not to.

Sacre bleu!

No comments: